WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This is a day for people who would like to learn how to incorporate wild foods into a plant based diet free of animal products. We will use our seasonal herbs, vegetables, seaweeds, flowers, roots, berries and fungi alongside other plant based ingredients.
The day starts at 9.30am with coffee and introductions from Caroline and will include some food preparation, a foraging trip to gather seasonal herbs, salads, seaweeds etc. and some hands-on cookery. The course includes a 3 course plant based lunch with a glass of wine.
EXAMPLES OF DISHES YOU MAY LEARN TO COOK ON A VEGAN WILD FOOD COOKERY DAY:
- Wild smoothies
- Crispy laver seaweed
- Mugwort focaccia
- White bean & wild herb dip
- Laver seaweed bakes
- Japanese dashi broth with seaweeds
- Vietnamese summer rolls with wild herbs & flowers
- Sesame crusted tofu with wild greens and seaweed
- Nettle soba noodles
- Braised alexanders with olives & tomatoes &
- Wild herb polenta
- Nettle pasta &
- Wild garlic pesto
- Gluten free seaweed crackers
- Wild green falafels with tahini sauce
- Wild Kimchi
- Vegan blackberry’cheesecake’
- Sea buckthorn sorbet
- Vegan wild berry icecream
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
Tea/coffee & refreshments, a foraging trip and cookery tuition, a glass of wine with lunch, 3 course lunch, an e-mail recipe pack.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
A bottle of water, waterproof clothing, walking shoes/boots or wellies, pen & notebook, camera.
IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS?
This course is designed for diets free of animal products. We also cater for food intolerances like gluten and dairy free diets. Please let us know in advance.