WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
For anyone interested in learning how to source, prepare and cook great Cornish fish and shellfish. This course particularly focuses on using our wonderful seafood in a way that incorporates locally foraged ingredients too. Mark Devonshire will demonstrate fish filleting and all the fish preparation including a fish stock and crab bisque. You will get to help create the dishes of the day which will be eaten for lunch with a glass of wine.
On this course you will learn some of the following (depending on season and availability):
- How to cook and pick both brown and spider crabs (you decide which you prefer)
- How to clean, prepare and cook mussels
- How to clean and prepare squid
- How to fillet a round fish
- How to fillet a flat fish
- How to make a ceviche with sea bass
- How to cure and hot smoke mackerel
EXAMPLES OF DISHES YOU MAY LEARN TO COOK ON A FISH & SHELLFISH COOKERY DAY:
- Fish stock
- Crab bisque
- Squid ink taglietelle with seafood & wild greens
- Pan fried fillet of hake with a seaweed buerre blanc
- Crispy squid with Cornish nori
- Hot smoked mackerel with wild garlic or wild fennel aioli
- Sea bass ceviche with wild black mustard leaf
- Soused mackerel with pickled seashore vegetables
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
Tea/coffee & refreshments, hands on cookery tuition , 3 course fish/shellfish based lunch, a glass of wine with lunch, e-mail recipe pack.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
Just yourself! We provide all equipment and aprons for the day.
IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS?